I love emojis. If you haven’t gotten on the emoji bandwagon, it’s okay. They aren’t for everyone but I personally don’t know how we ever delivered textual messages with the appropriate emotional intent without them. Take the following for example:
- I am so happy for you. 😃 (Interpreted as: Yes, I am happy for you.)
- I am so happy for you. 🙄 (Interpreted as: I’m being sarcastic. No. I’m not happy.)
- I am so happy for you. 🙂 (Interpreted as: I’m politely happy for you. I don’t show many emotions.)
Emojis even allow you to take this to the next level by adding another layer of description depth. Try 2 or more emojis.
- I am so happy for you. 😃🥰🥳 (Interpreted as: Yes, this is exciting. Love this. Let’s celebrate!)
- I am so happy for you. 🤥🙄😬 (Interpreted as: I lie. Ugh. I’d hate to be you.)
- I am so happy for you. 👏🏻🙂🙌🏻 (Interpreted as: Congratulations. Good job. Way to go!)
Emojis are also a great way to save time and avoid having to type. This is a real issue when you have fat thumbs like me and must not send any spelling errors. It’s especially useful when responding to texts. For example, let’s respond to these questions: Thoughts? Do you agree?
Any of these will work with just one click: 👍🏻👌🏻💯
Nowadays, you can go even bigger than emojis. There are Memojis and personally, I love Bitmojis! Personalize your gravatar with your own hairstyles and clothing options.
Or GIFS! Try to guess the meaning of these:
Well, the point is, emojis, bitmojis and GIFS make any conversation a lot more interesting and they are quite fun to play with. So enjoy yourself! Explore a little!