Special thank you to Canadian Doll Notebook for recommending me for the
In acceptance of this nomination, I’ve supplied the answers to their questions:
1. Why did you start your blog? Being prematurely thrust into the “change of life” brought all the questions that one usually experiences in mid-life. What is my purpose in life? … I wanted to encourage others with similar experiences, as well as learn from those that had gracefully made the transition.
2. What is your favorite movie? Too many to name: The Sound of Music, The Man From Snowy River, Sense & Sensibility, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, While You Were Sleeping, My Friend Irma…
3. Where was your last, best vacation? Been many exotic places but my favorite was being snowbound in a cabin, with the family, for Christmas.
4. Who is your favorite author and why? Hmm. I like Mary Higgins Clark because she writes about controversial topics in a manner that is family friendly: no curse words, etc. Also love Diana Gabaldon for drawing me into a series that once you start, you can’t stop.
5. What is your most prized possession? My photos.
6. Cat or Dog? I have both but cat.
7. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten? My husband’s cooking.
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom? Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know well the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “Plans for your welfare not for woe. Plans to give you a future full of hope.”
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be? hmm. tough one. I might like to meet any of my mother’s grandparents. She never knew them.
10. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!) not sure about “favorite” but this was certainly one of the most personal.
11. If you could be on any talk show which would you choose and why? Ellen Degeneres because of her compassion for helping others, humor and dance moves. Really want to play one of her crazy games.
11 random facts about myself: Current favorite color is purple, I sing baritone in an all women’s, a cappella chorus, I’m 5’7′, I don’t like black olives, I roll my eyes …a lot, I’m starting piano lessons, I like to scrapbook, I have a sweet tooth, I collect eggs, I have 2 sisters, and I don’t like burpees (that’s an exercise).
I would like to nominate the following for this award:
- Lorrie P Beauty and Style
- Strong Bodies, Positive Thoughts, and Loving Hearts
- Composer Jude
- Music, Teacher, Lifestyle
- Merry Hearts Medicine
- Autism Mom
- Hogrider Dookes
- The Runaway Palate
- The Unstoppable Optimist
- Ramblings From The Carrot Room
To accept my nomination, I ask these wonderful bloggers to review the rules, answer the following 11 questions, and leave 11 random facts about themselves :
Here are the questions I would like for you to answer about yourself:
- Where is your dream home located?
- Besides blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?
- What is the last book you read?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
- Do you collect anything?
- What is your worst habit?
- What is something you have always wanted to do but never tried?
- Have any pets?
- Prefer to live in Country or City?
- Most embarrassing moment? (or one of)
- If retired, how long? If not, at what age will you retire?
11 Random facts: