My first award nomination! Special thanks to MOTHEROFJIM for the nomination. I met her via one of the BloggingU courses, discovered many similar interests, and now consider her a bona fide, blogging buddy. As an acceptance of this award, I have been asked to answer the following questions:
1. Talk about the process of deciding to blog and actually doing it. What motivated/motivates you?
Honestly, it was a tough decision to begin a blog. I had the desire, but the fear kept me from taking the plunge. As a kid, I kept a diary for those times when I needed to work out my feelings or frustrations. When I began experiencing an early menopause, I began to do much of the soul searching that people do, in mid life, and it seemed the perfect time to make the leap. My goal is to build a network of people that can inspire each other to live each day to it’s fullest.
2. Have you ever read a book recommended by or mentioned in a blog? If so, what was the book, and how was it?
Not yet. But I have added several to my “To Read” list, including one that MotherofJim recommended. AnExactingLife and Idahobluebird have also provided me with lots of good, reading suggestions. Now to find the time, the read.
3. What’s the best thing about blogging—maybe an unexpected benefit? (Or maybe the benefit you expected, but the best thing, either way!) Making online friends is definitely a benefit. Finding people with whom you share similar interests. I have found that I really looked forward to participating in the Blogging U classes and challenges.
4. What (or who) inspires you?
Music inspires me. The Brave; People that must fight great odds to succeed, inspire me.
5. Write about a memorable blog post—one you wrote that meant a lot, or one someone else wrote that made a big impression.
i would like to further nominate for this award:
1. An Exacting Life whose “Read Down The House” challenge helped me empty an entire shelf of my precious books.
2. Girl, Undecided who is just beginning the blogging world. A recent, honors, college graduate in the field of Journalism, I believe she has a lot to offer the world, if she can only get the change to prove herself. We all remember what it was like, getting started. Let’s help her get that journey started.
3. Musings of a frequent flying scientist whose enthusiasm for blogging has been an inspiration to me. She began her blog only a few months ago and has really demonstrated a love of photography and interaction with people. Her blog is on the fast track. k
4. Shelved who encouraged me to receive this award and has provided me with much inspiration for blogging.
5.An Aspiring Writer who is always quick to comment and give good insight. He leads an interesting life and follows a lifestyle that fits with the goals of my blog; living life to it’s fullest.
Click here to see the rules required to accept this award.
The questions I would like to ask my recipients are:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. Do you schedule a particular time, each day, to add to your blog?
3. What have you found most rewarding about blogging?
4. What advice would you give to any, new blogger?
5. What is at the top of your bucket list? If you don’t have one, why not?
Thanks to the blogging buddies, above, for reminding me why I wanted to do this. I’m back on the bandwagon!